From OCE Space Simulation
|Mission Commander||Ian Martin|
|Deputy Mission Commander||Olivia Frank|
|Education Commander||Samuel Baltz|
|Deputy Education Commander||Nick Eglin|
|External Affairs Subcommander||Euan Wheaton|
|Director of Web and Archives||Chen-tao LaRochelle|
|Director of Tech and Engineering||Arrian Amir-Rafiei|
|Mission Patch: TBD|
|Mission Name||Drake-Sagan 2011|
|Mission Destination||Gliese 581 g|
|Mission Dates||February 29 - March 4, 2011|
2010-11 is the year in which:
- The new hierarchy was proposed in the 2010 Proposal to Change the Hierarchy.
- The year of conduits/in-habitat patch panel. This was the result of a complete revamp of the Alpha Systems. Although it was prompted by the School Board and consumed the first semester of worksessions, it resulted in an entire network of conduits and tracks, as well as the installation in Command and Control of a large patch panel. This allows the astronauts to actively replace parts of the network or phones by switching cables or switching the ports used (which of course must be accompanied by a corresponding switch on the other end, leading to an increased necessity for communication in the solving of Beta problems), and it means a better and more organised system with more fail-safes.
- Training was planned to be revamped, with proper Task Force leaders constantly in charge of training members in various stations.
- EEPs were planned to be brought back for the first time since 2005-06.
- Training Missions were planned to be revamped; instead of semi-regular training missions, workshops will be held as they were a decade ago and longer. Members will sign up or be selected for a work session-long workshop on certain tasks necessary for Spacesim.
- The first Automated Mission was launched in this year.
- The first educational seminars were held in recent history.
- The first mission to a location outside our solar system.
- The first workshops at a work session were conducted since at least 10 years before (the only remaining knowledge of workshops comes from a hand-scrawled note, in a color of ink and a style of handwriting [blue, large cursive] similar to that of the venerable Milary, found in Keplernicus. Because of this it is theorized that the OCESS had no training worksessions for at least 15 years before the one on February 4, 2011).
|Airtight Habitat (proposed)|
|Purpose||To make the Hawking II more "airtight," especially with regard to the doors.|
|Purpose||To get members ready to conduct EEPs.|
|Purpose||To train members in use of all Orbit software.|
|Purpose||To embellish the Hab for the purpose of the simulation: engines will be added as well as creating an outer hull to the Hab.|
|Members||Sam Downs, Nick Goddard, Chen-tao LaRochelle, Amanda McColl|
|Automated Mission Development|
|Purpose||Come up with goals, procedures, and methods for the automated mission.|
|Members||Ben Paul, Jibril Jeewanjee, Max Jeffcott, Matt Dunbar, Lawrence Maroun|
|Veil of Darkness (proposed)|
|Purpose||Create "more fancy" planetary surface constructs.|
|Previous Year||This Year||Next Year|